School-based Therapist

  • Nystrom & Associates

    At Rockford Area Schools, there is school-based mental health services available to students. Therapists are in each school for professional counseling. There are a number of reasons a therapist would see students such as depression or sad mood, self-harm, anxiety or worry, difficulty adjusting to a change in the family system, grief, behavioral concerns, and other mental health concerns. How to get started:

    1. Please contact your school counselor in each school regarding your concerns and observations.
    2. The counselor will send you a referral form.
    3. Sign the referral form, and return it to the office as soon as possible.
    4. The school-based therapist will contact you to set up an appointment.


Mental Health Resources

  • National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Minnesota
    NAMI can help answer questions on navigating the mental health system. NAMI also offers many support groups for families and persons with a mental illness.

    Please use the following link for more information:

    Minnesota Mental Health

    Minnesota Mental Health was developed to provide mental health information and resources for children and adults in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright counties.

    Outpatient Programs Offered by PrairieCare

    Anyone of any age can call 952-826-8475 for a Free Needs Assessment to determine what level of service may best serve them.  If it’s not a service provided by PrairieCare, we will do our best to offer a referral that is better suited.

    PrairieCare Mental Wellness resources