latest update as of March 25, 2020
Consistent with Emergency Executive Order 20-20 issued March 25, 2020 by Governor Walz: Rockford Area Schools will be closed March 16, 2020 until May 4, 2020.
Rockford Area Schools have announced that until further notice:
- Only district personnel will be permitted inside schools (no visitors or volunteers).
- All school-sponsored public and family events and activities are canceled.
- All field trips and school-sponsored travel is suspended until further notice.
- As of 3/16/2020, use of district facilities has been suspended, including facility rentals.
The above guidelines are recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention relating to COVID-19.
District Cancelations / Postponements:
- 3/14/20: ECFE Grandparents Day - CANCELED
- 3/16/20: School Board Meeting - CANCELED
- 3/16/20: Cheer Banquet - CANCELED
- 3/17/2020 - until further notice: The Rockford Community Center (RCC) is CLOSED. All Community Education classes have been CANCELED. For updates on RCC hours of operation, please go to Community Ed/Rockford Community Center.
- 3/17/20: RHS Band Concert - CANCELED
- 3/17/20: K-4 Evening Parent-Teacher Conferences - CANCELED. More information will be provided at a later date.
- 3/18/20: Safe Schools Meeting - CANCELED
- 3/19/20: Face-to-Face Parent/Teacher Conferences at RHS - CANCELED. More information will be provided at a later date.
- 3/19/20: Early Childhood Screening - CANCELED
- 3/25/2020: MN Governor Walz extended the statewide school closure until May 4, 2020.
- 3/25/2020: The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) has suspended all spring activities until further notice. For more information on MSHSL updates, click here.
- 3/30/20: Girls Basketball Banquet - CANCELED
The status of events scheduled after May 4 is currently unknown. However, schools will work to consider the feasibility of reinstating certain events and activities for the remainder of the school year in consultation with public health officials.