Senior InformationThe links below are valuable resources for RHS students:
- Senior Information Sheet (used to assist teachers/staff with writing letters of recommendation)
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form (submit to teachers/staff along with senior information sheet)
- College Application Checklist
- CIS Credit Information-RHS
Additional information for senior students regarding scholarships, financial aid or transcript requests, may be found on the links to the left.
RHS Post High School Planning Guide
This guide is a resource for high school students to navigate through the various options post high school. You'll find resources that help identify career interests, post high school options such as 2-year and 4-year colleges, technical colleges, the military, employment, etc. Additional resources on choosing, preparing for, and paying for college are also provided.
RHS Post High School Planning GuideCollege PresentationsHelpful tools for students to understand the cost of post-high school education.
- 5 Myths of College Costs
- 3 Ways Families Can Lose Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Offer that Won't Pay Senior Bills
- Save Now as College Costs Climb
- Schools That Meet 100% of Financial Need
October is College Knowledge Month! Many institutions waive the college application fees during College Knowledge Month. A good resource for families: Minnesota Goes to College.U of M Share My AppStudents who complete their application for admission to the Twin Cities campus are invited to participate in the U of M Share My App Program. By participating in this program, students can also apply for admission at one or more additional campuses of the University of Minnesota system with no additional application and no additional application fee. Please note that participation in this program does not impact the Twin Cities application process in any way. http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/apply/sharemyapp.htmlTuition Reimbursement Opportunity for Cosmetology and Massage Therapy Career Fields
Thruline Works collaborates, partners and works directly with employers to help their potential employees get the education they need for the careers they want. We have some exciting opportunities in the Minneapolis/St. Paul market for students wishing to pursue a career in the cosmetology or massage therapy field after high school. We have been contracted by Fantastic Sams and Massage Envy to generate new net employees for their salons and clinics. This program is designed to generate interest in the cosmetology and massage therapy career fields, help those interested candidates enroll in school and place them into a fulfilling career. Both Fantastic Sams and Massage Envy are willing to invest in students who are wanting to pursue a cosmetology or a massage therapy career by offering a substantial tuition reimbursement package to help pay for their education and guaranteeing them employment once they have completed school. Students interested in this career path should contact Leslie at 612.315.1876; email@example.com.
Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for high schools that helps align student strengths and interests to post-secondary goals, and improve student outcomes. Naviance is also a tool to send high school transcripts to the college of your choice. For more information on how to request your transcript, click on Transcript Requests.
To log in to your Naviance account:
- Go to www.Naviance.com
- Click "SIGN IN" on upper right corner
- Click "Students & Family Sign In"
- Enter the zip code for RHS: 55373
- Select "Rockford Secondary"
If your student would like a teacher to write a letter of recommendation, these requests should be submitted through Naviance as well. You'll find additional information on the link below.
Naviance Directions for RHS Students
College Visits at RHS
College admissions representatives will meet with students who are interested in hearing information about the college/university. Sign up sheets for each college/university are located outside the Guidance Office. When admissions representatives schedule a visit at RHS, students are notified during daily student announcements and the date and time will be listed below.
- 12/3/2019 - Luther College
- 12/4/2019 - St. Cloud State University
- 12/10/2019 - Lake Superior College/Duluth
- 11/12/2019 - Gustavus Adolphus College
- 10/30/2019 - North Hennepin Community College
- 10/29/2019 - St. Mary's University (to be rescheduled)
- 10/24/2019 - Bemidji State University
- 10/21/2019 - Minnesota State University Moorhead
- 10/15/2019 - University of Wisconsin River Falls
- 10/1/2019 - College of St. Scholastica
- 9/18/2019 - University of Northern Iowa
- 9/12/2019 -Winona State University
Upcoming College Fairs and Open Houses
Throughout the school year, colleges and universities will send information and flyers to RHS inviting students to attend college fairs and open houses. Upcoming events will be listed below.