Registration for Activities
When does registration for activities open?
- Fall activities - mid July.
- Winter activities - early/mid October.
- Spring activities - mid February.
What is required to be eligible to practice on the first day?
- Submit online registration form - New in 2023-24 school year, we have a new Activities Registration site! The link to register is active on this page under REQUIRED REGISTRATION FORMS. To get started, a family account will need to be created with a parent email and password. All registration and eligibility forms are available on the new registration site and families will be able to pay for the the activity fee at the end of the registration form. Please note: The Activity Registration site communicates with Infinite Campus. To register, students must be enrolled in Infinite Campus as a student this year. If your student is not enrolled here, but you reside within the RAS district, please contact the Activities Director or Coordinator for assistance.
- Fee payment - Activity fee can now be paid online using the new Activity Registration site. Payment by cash or check is also accepted. The activity fee must be paid and/or a payment plan set up with the Activities Dept. by the first day of practice to be eligible to practice or participate. Players will not be turned away due to financial hardship. Please reach out to the Activities Director (email@example.com) for assistance with a payment plan.
- Sports-qualifying physical exam - A sports-qualifying physical exam signed by your physician is required every 3 years to participate in MSHSL activities. If you have an updated physical exam, it can be uploaded by parents/guardians on the Activity Registration site (hard copies can also be turned in to the Activities office). A physical exam needs to be uploaded to the registration site or on file in the Activities Dept. to be eligible to practice with the team. Physicians can fax the physical exam to 763-477-6123. Login to your parent portal to check your student's last physical date on file (found at the bottom of the Health/Immunizations page).
- MSHSL Form: Eligibility Statement & Sports Health Questionnaire - The MSHSL form is now included on the registration site and is required to be electronically signed by player and parent at the time of registration.
*** Please note: Physical exam paperwork or fee payments can be turned in at the RHS main office during the summer months on Wednesdays from 8:00am-3:00pm.
SUMMER MONTHS - Important Upcoming Dates:
- Mid July 2023 - Online registration opens for fall sports.
- August 7, 2023 - Fall Sports/Activities Meeting at 6:00pm in RHS Auditorium. Families of students in grades 7-12 invited to attend.
- August 14, 2023 - First day of practice for high school fall sports. All required forms and activity fee payments must be submitted to be eligible to participate on the first day.
- 7th/8th grade Cross Country, Soccer and Girls Tennis players begin practice with the high school athletes on August 14th as these are high school level sports (there is not a dedicated middle school team).
- August 25, 2023 - Team Picture Day for the following high school sports: Cross Country, Cheerleading, Football, Boys and Girls Soccer, Volleyball. More details will be shared at a later date along with a picture date for Girls Tennis.
- August 28, 2023 - 7th/8th grade Football pad handout, 3:30-4:30pm. First practices occur on 8/29 and 8/30. All required forms and payment must be submitted to be eligible to participate on the first day.
- September 5, 2023 - First day of 7th/8th grade Volleyball practice, after school, REAMS gym. All required forms and payment must be submitted to be eligible to participate on the first day.
- Mid September 2023: Fall Musical, Bye Bye Birdie, auditions will be held 9/13/23 in the RHS Choir Room after school.
Contact Stacey Larson, Activities Coordinator at 763-477-5846 x3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Practice or game-related questions should be directed to the coach.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION FORMS
rEGISTRATION FOR FALL ACTIVITIES
Registration for Fall activities is now closed. A notification will be sent to families of students in grades 7-12 when registration for Winter activities is open.
2023-2024 MSHSL Eligibility Statement and Annual Sports Health Questionnaire
The MSHSL form is available to review and electronically sign on the registration site when registration for Activities is open.
An updated physical exam is required every 3 years.
HANDBOOK & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Board approved on 4/2022. In addition to participation guidelines, the handbook includes activity/sports fees and event admission fees. The handbook is available to review and electronically sign on the registation site when registration is open.
Student Accident Insurance plans are offered by Special Markets Insurance Consultants.