WELCOME TO ROCKFORD AREA SCHOOLS!
District #883 currently encompasses three schools:
- Rockford Elementary Arts Magnet School (REAMS K-4);
- Rockford Middle School - Center for Environmental Studies (RMS-CES, a Green Ribbon award-winning middle STEM magnet school 5-8); and
- Rockford High School (IB School)
Rockford Area Schools serves the communities in Wright and Hennepin Counties: Corcoran, Greenfield, and Rockford.
Our PreK-12 public school population is about 1680 students. Our district is also a member of the Northwest Suburban Integration School District.
Rockford Area Schools provides quality services and support for life-long learning opportunities. Helping every student be successful is at the heart of our mission of educating students for life. We are proud of our staff and the community for their dedication to and support of student success.
Our K-12 online registration process makes enrollment quick and easy. To expedite the process, you will need to upload a copy of the following items when registering:
- Photo ID is REQUIRED for registration to Rockford Schools/Infinite Campus Portal user agreement.
- Proof of Residency –can include a copy of: purchase agreement, driver’s license, current lease, utility bill, etc. with your name and current address.
- Original birth certificate (REQUIRED) OR passport. This is to verify the date of birth and the student's legal name. To obtain a certified copy of your child’s Birth Certificate, visit the CDC website at: www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm or contact your local County Recorder.
- Legal guardianship paperwork if registration is done by a non‐parent/guardian
Children who are five years old on or before September 1 are eligible to begin Kindergarten. Registration for kindergarten for the 2022-23 school year will open in February.
Immunizations must be current by the first day of school to attend. Click on this guide to see if your child is ready for kindergarten.
State law requires that all children participate in Early Childhood Screening before they may enter public kindergarten. If your child is not screened contact our Early Childhood Programs office at 763-477-7500 to schedule an appointment or to find out more information.
Non-Resident Enrollments (Open Enrollment)
Rockford Elementary Arts Magnet School, Rockford Middle School-Center for Environmental Studies, and Rockford High School are part of the Northwest Suburban Integration School District (NWSISD) consortium and are considered magnet schools. Enrollment is open to all students living within the seven-member school districts of NWSISD--Anoka-Hennepin, Brooklyn Center, Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose, Elk River, Fridley, Osseo, and Rockford.
Students in K-12 are eligible to receive free transportation through their magnet school enrollment as part of the Achievement and Integration for Minnesota program and are exempt from the state-mandated January 15 open enrollment deadline.
To open enroll, complete Section 1 of the Minnesota Statewide Enrollment Options Form, sign, and upload the document during the online registration process or return the completed form via the email address provided on the form or to any Rockford school office or the district office.
An application must be completed for each student enrolling and the parent/guardian address section must contain an address in the state of Minnesota.
Note--a new application must be filled out any time you have an address change, even if it is within the same district you are open enrolling from.
If you have any questions, contact the district office at 763-477-9165.
All enrollment forms and information can be translated upon request by contacting any school office.
Todos los formularios de inscripción y la información se pueden traducir al solicitarlos comunicándose con cualquier oficina de la escuela.
Dhammaan foomamka diiwaangelinta iyo macluumaadka waxaa lagu turjumi karaa marka la codsado adoo la xiriiraya xafiiska dugsiga.