High School Girls Basketball
Rockford High School supports a high school Girls Basketball program consisting of three teams: C-squad, Junior Varsity and Varsity. Some information about the program includes the following:
- The season occurs from November to February/March timeframe.
- Rockford Girls Basketball is part of the Wright County Conference - West.
- Practices are held after school in the main gym and south gym on non-game days. Players will be informed about specific practice information by their coach.
- Information on game locations and times can be found on the district's Activities Calendar.
Middle School Girls Basketball
Rockford Middle School - Center for Environmental Studies (RMS-CES) supports a 7th and 8th grade Girls Basketball program. Depending on registration numbers, there could be one or two teams for each grade. Information about the middle school program includes the following:
- The Wright County Conference determines the time of year when the middle school girls basketball programs begin as it is in a rotation with boys basketball. Depending on the rotation, the season will either begin in late October or after Winter Break in the beginning of January.
- Practices are held after school in the Rockford Community Center (RCC) Fieldhouse until 5:00pm. Players may ride a bus from RMS-CES to RHS and walk to the RCC for practice. Coaches will communicate specific practice information to the players/parents.
- Players can change in the high school locker room and it is suggested that a combination lock is purchased.
- Games begin the following week after practice begins.
Middle School Girls Basketball - 2019-20 Season
The first practice of the 2019-20 season for 7th and 8th grade girls basketball begins on January 6, 2020. Games will begin the following week. The season concludes at the end of February.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible to practice on the first day, all players need to have their registration paperwork submitted to the Activities office (located within RHS) AND the basketball activity fee must be paid prior to the first practice on January 6, 2020.
Since practice begins on the day students return from Winter Break on January 6th, we are asking that all girls basketball players register by December 19th to allow time to process the registration and assign the activity fee (the activities office will be closed during winter break, Dec. 23-Jan. 3). There is a 24-hour turnaround time to assign the fee so DO NOT WAIT until last minute to register. To be directed to the online registration page, click here.
Middle School Coaches: