latest update as of April 23, 2020
Consistent with Emergency Executive Order 20-41 issued April 23, 2020 by Governor Walz: Distance learning will continue for the remainder of the school year. In accordance with this order, Rockford Area Schools will be closed through the remainder of the school year.
Rockford Area Schools have announced that until further notice:
- Only district personnel will be permitted inside schools (no visitors or volunteers).
- All school-sponsored public and family events and activities are canceled.
- All field trips and school-sponsored travel is suspended until further notice.
- As of 3/16/2020, use of district facilities has been suspended, including facility rentals.
The above guidelines are recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention relating to COVID-19.
District Cancelations / Postponements:
- 3/14/20: ECFE Grandparents Day - CANCELED
- 3/16/20: School Board Meeting - CANCELED
- 3/16/20: Cheer Banquet - CANCELED
- 3/17/2020 - until further notice: The Rockford Community Center (RCC) is CLOSED. All Community Education classes have been CANCELED. For updates on RCC hours of operation, please go to Community Ed/Rockford Community Center.
- 3/17/20: RHS Band Concert - CANCELED
- 3/17/20: K-4 Evening Parent-Teacher Conferences - CANCELED. More information will be provided at a later date.
- 3/18/20: Safe Schools Meeting - CANCELED
- 3/19/20: Face-to-Face Parent/Teacher Conferences at RHS - CANCELED. More information will be provided at a later date.
- 3/19/20: Early Childhood Screening - CANCELED
- 3/25/2020: MN Governor Walz extended the statewide school closure until May 4, 2020.
- 3/25/2020: The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) has suspended all spring activities until further notice.
- 3/30/20: Girls Basketball Banquet - CANCELED
- 4/23/20: Governor Walz extends distance learning through the end of the school year. RAS buildings remain closed.
- 4/23/20: MSHSL cancels the remainder of spring activities season.