Rockford Area Schools Board of Education
The School board is comprised of six members elected during the November General Election on even years. Terms are four years and at least three members are on the ballot during each election. Currently, the Chair is Amy Edwards and the Vice-Chair is Beth Praska.
The work of a school board involves:
- Developing a vision for the district
- Setting goals and monitoring progress
- Establishing district policy
- Monitoring student achievement
- Aligning resources with goals
- Collaborating with community partners
- Ensuring facilities are safe and adequate
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Rallying the community around student achievement
- Hiring and evaluating the Superintendent
- Ratifying employee contracts
- Advocating student needs to lawmakers
- Training in education issues and governance.
Rockford Area Schools Board Meeting agendas and packets are posted online with BoardBook. BoardBook is a web-based software application that electronically streamlines the preparation of board agenda packets and builds a searchable archive of meeting agenda packets. It opens the door to electronic distribution of meeting materials, to web posting of finished documents, and, ultimately, to paperless meetings.
To view board agendas and packets, please click here. Board Meeting Schedule for the 21-22 school year, please click here.
August 16, 2021 Regular Meeting (6:30 pm) A Regular Board Meeting will take place at Rockford High School in Room 502.
August 30, 2021 Work Session (6:30 pm) A work session will take place at Rockford High School in Room 502.
School Board Email
Brady Anderson (Director): RSBandersonb@rockford.k12.mn.us
Amy Edwards (Chair): RSBedwardsa@rockford.k12.mn.us
Eric Gordee (Treasurer): RSBgordeee@rockford.k12.mn.us
Jessica Johnson (Clerk): RSBjohnsonj@rockford.k12.mn.us
Jenny Kneeland (Director): RSBkneelandj@rockford.k12.mn.us
Beth Praska (Co-Chair): RSBpraskab@rockford.k12.mn.us