Summer School at REAMS, RMS-CES and RHS
Rockford Area Schools is excited to offer an in-person summer school academic program to ALL students. That means any student who is interested in the opportunity.
The free summer school academic program provides students a chance to increase their academic skills in a fun, supportive environment.
The program will be staffed by teachers from Rockford Elementary Arts Magnet School. Teachers will provide instruction in reading and mathematics that is tailored to the needs of the students in the summer school class.
When: Class will be held Monday through Thursday (there will not be classes on Fridays)
You may choose a session that best fits your child:
- REAMS summer school (for students who recently completed grades K-4): July 12-August 5, 2021 at REAMS, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- RMS-CES summer school (for students who recently completed grades 5-8): July 12-August 5, 2021 at REAMS, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- RHS summer school (for students who recently completed grades 9-12: June 8-June 17, 2021 at RHS and Maple Hill Estates, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please note: here is a potential for additional summer school dates.
- Maple Hill Estates summer school (for students who recently completed grades K-4) July 26-August 19, 2021 at Maple Hill Estates, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Depending on individual needs, students will be able to make up credits, build their mathematics and/or reading skills, and make connections with their peers and our dedicated summer school staff.
- Masks are strongly recommended and are not required in class.
- Masks are still required on buses
- Breakfast is provided
- Students will have a brief stretch break in the middle of their class
- NWSISD students have access to the same transportation in place during the school year
- If you are interested in your child attending summer school and have a conflict during your child's session, we still want you to register. Every experience counts and we want to support as many students as possible.
If you would like your child to participate in the summer school program, please click on the attached form.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
Dr. Matthew Scheidler
Principal on Special Assignment -Student Services